Employee’s name: Gino Giansante
Position/Job title: Senior Processing Manager
Employment start date: Aug. 2016
Number of years of experience working in the food and beverage processing industry: 28yrs
1. How did you get where you are today? What kind of training/education did you do?
I went to College for Chemical Engineering and got a job as a Quality Assurance Technician thinking I would work on the science side of the food industry. I started as a Quality Assurance Tech and saw that the world of production looked more interesting so I applied to a position for a Production Supervisor and thus my production career began.
From Production Supervisor,
2. What’s the best thing about your job?
I like the interaction with people from all different industries from the labourers on the production floor to the maintenance team to the people in the front office and others. It never gets boring.
3. Describe your job in 3 words.
Never ending surprises.
4. What advice do you have for someone who is applying to jobs right now?
Don’t expect a bed of roses at the beginning of your career. Put in the time at the beginning and reap the rewards later on.
5. What’s your favourite made-in-Ontario food or beverage?
Maple Lodge Chicken! 🍗