Employee’s name: Fred Marques
Position/Job title: Chief Operating Officer
Employment start date: 1981
Number of years of experience working in the food and beverage processing industry: 36 years
1. What’s the best thing about your job?
The people and their passion. Every day is a new day with different challenges. Boredom is not something you experience in the food industry.
2. Why did you choose to work in the food and beverage industry?
People always need to eat,
3. What’s your favourite thing about the food and beverage industry?
Fast-paced, constantly changing, BIG with many opportunities.
4. What advice do you have for someone who is applying to jobs right now?
Think of a stable industry like the food and beverage industry with future growth opportunities. The food and beverage industry is high growth, opportunistic and so connected to many other industries (suppliers, vendors, farmers, feed companies, ingredient companies, etc.)
5. How did you get where you are today? What kind of training/education did you do?
I started with education in the marketing and sales field followed by further education in transportation and logistics then full onboard practical education “working from the ground” in the business. The best way to learn. 📚